Safe, temporary shelter is available for victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, and their children.
Shelter facilities are never “full”. No one in a dangerous, unsafe situation is turned away. There is no waiting list, and all services are offered free of charge.
- Food, clothing, and personal care items are provided.
- Advocacy for court hearings, protection orders, with police and other social service agencies is available on an as-needed basis.
- Case management is provided, including exploration of housing, financial, employment, and child care options.
- Children of victims receive age appropriate counseling and activities; play areas and toys are available on site.
- The shelter is located at a confidential location in Sioux City.