Our counseling services provide emotional support and empathetic listening for victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Counseling is short term (usually up to 6 months), and is free of charge, along with all other services.
Individual counseling may include:
- Crisis intervention to address the immediate needs of the victim.
- Education about the dynamics of domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Emphasis is placed on giving the victim accurate information about domestic violence or sexual assault, and supporting the victim in decisions that are made.
- Identify needs and provide options.
- Establish a support system.
Support groups are offered to:
- Groups are offered for adult victims of domestic violence.
- Groups are offered for those staying in our shelter.
- Groups are offered for family and friends of homicide victims.